Spend 2-weeks in Bristol and London, United Kingdom and earn 4-credits towards your UMBC degree. Only 30 incoming UMBC students will get to participate in this once in a lifetime opportunity!
Program Dates: July 29, 2019 – August 12, 2019
Who: Open to all new incoming UMBC students
Program Fee: $3950 (see below for all that’s included!)
Questions? email email@example.com
What does the program fee include?
- Airfare (round-trip direct from Washington Dulles to London Heathrow)
- Accommodations in Bristol (10 nights) and London (2 nights); Students will stay in a Residential Hall at the University of Bristol and the Clink78 Hostel in London.
- Tuition for a 4-credit UMBC course that fulfills a General Education Program (GEP) requirement for all students
- 2-day orientation at UMBC with all meals included, a family orientation, and 1-night in a residence hall
- Transportation to and from Airports in the US and UK (group will have a private coach take them to Washington Dulles and pick up from London Heathrow)
- Entry to: Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, London Eye, British Museum, National Gallery, Roman Baths, Victoria Gallery, Caerphilly Castle, SS Great Britain (with guided tour), Bristol Graffiti Walking Tour, Big Pit National Coal Museum, Palestinian Museum, Welsh National Assembly, Bristol Museum and Art Gallery
- Most meals (see below)
What is not included in the program fee?
- 2 Lunches and 1 dinner during the London portion of the program
- Passport expenses
- Personal spending
Day to Day Itinerary:
The following itinerary is subject to minor changes
July 29 – Arrive to UMBC with family, begin orientation program. Families will depart at the end of the day and students stay overnight in a residential hall
July 30 – Continued orientation activities and travel to the airport
July 31 – Arrival in London, airport pick up and travel to Bristol
August 1 – Welcome and orientation by Bristol staff, lunch, Guided graffiti walking tour of Bristol
August 2 – AM – class, PM – train to Bath; Visit Roman Baths and Victoria Art Gallery
August 3 – AM – class, PM – visit Palestinian Museum
August 4 – Travel to Wales; Visit Caerphilly Castle and Big Pit National Coal Museum
August 5 – AM – class, PM – Travel to Cardiff, visit Welsh National Assembly and Cardiff Castle
August 6 – AM – class, PM – Bristol Museum and Art Gallery
August 7 – AM – class, PM – travel to Salisbury, visit Salisbury Cathedral (view the Magna Carta)
August 8 – AM – class, PM – visit SS Great Britain
August 9 – AM – class, PM – free time in Bristol
August 10 – AM – Travel to London, PM – Tower of London, London Eye
August 11 – AM – British Museum, PM – Buckingham Palace and the National Gallery
August 12 – Depart London, arrive in the USA with airport pick up from the airport to UMBC
The 2019 Dawg Days: Abroad application is now closed.
- Click the above “Apply Now!” button to submit an application request. Once submitted, you will receive instructions for how to access and complete the application via our application portal.
- Applicants will have to submit a short essay and conduct a short Skype interview with UMBC staff as part of their application.
- There are also a few signature documents that need to be submitted (signed parent/guardian form, etc.). All signed documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are accepting complete applications on a rolling basis until: May 10, 2019
- We strongly encourage interested applicants to complete and submit their application as soon as possible.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance within one week after completing their application.
Program deposit due by: May 10, 2019
- All accepted applicants will be asked to submit a $500 program deposit by May 10 in order to confirm their spot.
Remaining program fee due by: June 1, 2019
- All program participants must submit the remaining $3450 program fee by June 1.